Quintessential colonial bungalow in "Little England"
This attractive colonial bungalow is located on the outskirts of Nuwara Eliya in the shadow of Pidurutalagala, aka Mount Pedro, Sri Lanka’s highest mountain. Nuwara Eliya is in the heart of highland tea country and due to the influence of British planters on its architecture and culture has been affectionately nicknamed “Little England”.
The main building, which dates back to circa 1930, is a single-storey bungalow. It has recently been renovated and is in very good condition. The main accommodation comprises living and dining rooms, breakfast room, kitchen and four ensuite bedrooms. There are also storerooms and staff facilities. In the grounds is a recently built workshop/drivers accommodation building along with a barbeque pavilion. The property is served by mains water and electricity and has a back-up generator which can run the whole house in the event of power outage.
The grounds are just short of an acre and have been thoughtfully landscaped. As well as area laid planted as a traditional English country garden, there is a certified organic vegetable garden, herb garden, fruit trees, a chicken coop/run and even a small area for golf.
Nuwara Eliya is possibly the most famous of all the colonial hill stations and remains highly regarded and desired both for holidays and permanent residence. The bungalow has full tourist board registration and has been run as a popular and profitable holiday rental for some several years.
Please contact us for further details.